Session held on 1st June 2021
About this session
What is happening in the law and how is it affecting procurement practices – in a real-time way?
Join Scott Alden and his team for this 60-90 minute session every three months – which will be half webinar and half Q&A, and find out THREE key things:
Payment Time Reporting Act 2020
Fed Govt Covid variations 2020-21
Unfair Contract Terms Act
Modern Slavery Act 2018
Chain of Responsibility laws – nationally not just in NSW
Privacy Laws and regulations
Lock out law changes in NSW
When your in-house counsel is too busy to answer your questions, ask the HWLB team instead, and get a legal heads-up on what every PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL should
Your expert facilitator
Scott Alden is a lawyer of rich experience specialising in procurement, contract & construction law and is a partner at HWL Ebsworth lawyers in Sydney.
Previously, Scott has worked with Holding Redlich, DLA Piper and other top firms. He is also a part-time lecturer at the College of Law.
1. The click link below regarding Modern Slavery and Grievance Mechanisms
2. An article on payment times - https://hwlebsworth.com.au/payment-times-reporting-scheme-what-the-construction-industry-needs-to-know/
3. An article on Unfair Contract Terms - https://hwlebsworth.com.au/unfair-contract-terms-to-become-unlawful-under-proposed-changes-to-the-acl/
4. An article on uncertain terms in contracts - https://hwlebsworth.com.au/pricing-and-payment-clauses-in-service-contracts-court-untangles-ambiguities/
5. SOPA in WA - https://hwlebsworth.com.au/everything-old-is-new-again-the-new-wa-security-of-payment-bill/ and https://www.adjudicate.com.au/articles/wa-new-security-of-payments-retention-trust-laws-being-introduced
6. New Procurement Laws in WA - https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-07/Procurement%20Reform%20Dashboard%20July%202020_3.pdf
|Download Presentation Slides|
|Topic / Interest||Contracting & contract management, critical points through the contract lifecycle, Procurement and the Law|
|Type||Agendas, Virtual Round-table Recording|